Vegan Tinted Mineral Sunscreen
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
Universally tinted sunscreen for almost every skin color.
Created with organic, raw plant-based ingredients and naturally tinted with minerals to promote beautiful skin with plant ingredients. It's unscented and 100% vegan.
This sunscreen is 30+ SPF with made with non-nano zinc oxide for broad spectrum, UVA and UVB, everyday protection. Because of the iron oxide that tints this sunscreen, it will even save your skin from your device's blue light and offer you more UVA protection (e.g. the rays that age skin)!
It's simple, healing, light, vegan and non-greasy so you can wear it as a light everyday tinted moisturizer. This is great for all skin types as every ingredient rates low on the comedogenic scale (meaning they won't clog your pores). Note that it may go on with a sheen but because it's made with apricot seed oil, it will blend in to your skin within minutes leaving skin looking and feeling soft and supple. Apricot seed oil is very similar to our skin's sebum so it absorbs well and can be applied throughout the day without feeling like it's building up on your skin.
MORE ABOUT THE TINT:
- It works to minimize the "white glare" of zinc oxide but is minimally colored so it is a great fit for many skin tones.
- Even so, the color works best tan/olive/mocha toned skin but can also be mixed with our Original Mineral Vegan Sunscreen to lighten it for fair skin tones.
- Helps to "blur" imperfections.
- Offers additional UVA protection, which are the rays that penetrate deeply and age skin.
- Protects skin from the blue light that comes from devices.
- Offers minimal coverage. We like to say that it's more like a tinted moisturizer and less like a foundation.
THIS SUNSCREEN IS PERFECT FOR THOSE WITH:
- Sensitive or easily irritated skin
- Sensitivities to scent
- Normal, dry, combo skin
All our sunscreens are made with organic and natural ingredients that are;
- 100% plant and mineral based & cruelty-free
- Naturally water-resistant
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores so it's good to use as a facial sunscreen too)
There are 2 different sizes currently available.
- 1/2 oz mini aluminum tin
- 3 oz large aluminum tin
Tidal Wave strives to make sun protection for people who care about what's on their skin and the impact it has on the environment. Every skin care product you buy is a choice about the impact you'll have. You can feel good knowing that no harmful chemicals will ever be used in these products.
Every ingredient has a purpose, here's a bit more about them:
- Non-nano zinc oxide is a naturally occurring mineral that provides the only UVA and UVB protection approved by the FDA for children under 6. Non-nano means it isn't small enough to enter your bloodstream through the skin, always look for this when purchasing skincare with zinc oxide in it!
- Mango butter provides water resistance, keeps moisture in the skin helping it look supple and healthy and has some sun protection qualities.
- Sunflower wax provides water resistance and has rejuvenating properties for the skin.
- Organic, cold pressed apricot seed (kernel) oil is light, easily absorbed and work well for all skin types.
- Organic, cold pressed carrot seed oil & raspberry seed oil offer naturally occurring SPF and skin renewing properties
- Concentrated Vitamin E oil derived from sunflowers or olives helps repair skin damage and helps to naturally preserve your natural sunscreen.
- Iron oxides are minerals that are mined from the earth and are used for color. We strive to work only with companies that mine sustainably.
Directions for use:
Use back of fingernail to scoop out a pea sized amount. Warm between hands to melt sunscreen with body heat then apply to face and gently around eyes. The more you blend into the skin, the more the color will blend with your skin tone. Repeat for body application and apply generously before any sun exposure. Reapply every 1-2 hours as needed. Wear clothing that covers the skin, a hat or seek shade when possible to minimize sun exposure.
Mango butter*, sunflower wax, apricot seed oil***, vitamin E (derived from sunflowers or olives), carrot seed oil**, red raspberry seed oil**, non-nano zinc oxide (18% concentration), iron oxide blend
** Cold pressed
*** Organic and cold pressed
*Please note that this sunscreen has not been tested in an FDA approved laboratory for efficacy. The SPF listed is an estimate based on the zinc oxide ratio and has not been tested on live subjects*
All statements are for informational purposes only and are not FDA approved.