||Out of stock
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, NON-TOXIC, POWDER PAINT! JUST ADD WATER!
Real Milk Paint is the ideal choice for an environmentally friendly, non-toxic paint that gives you convenience and a broad color selection. When choosing milk paint always choose products from The Real Milk Paint Company.
- Sticks to raw wood, plaster, dry wall, stone, unsealed brick and concrete
- Paint right on existing finishes for a Peele, Chippy or crackled surface
- No Primer need on raw wood and porous surfaces
- Sticks to latex with the addition of Ultra Bond
- Easy to use, water-based formula
- Each bag contains everything needed, just add water
- Remains usable for a minimum of two weeks after mixing with water
- Does not congeal to a blob
- Environmentally friendly
- Children safe paint
- Does not contain radioactive Kaolin Clays as a filler
- Traditional color palette, based on antique painted furniture
- Virtually no odor
- No residual odor after drying
- Dries fast
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Each Quart contains a bag with 2-1/2 cups of powdered milk paint and a mixing marble. Take lid off can. Remove plastic bag with the powder. We recommend that you only mix a portion of the powder at one time in the can.
The powdered paint is mixed 1 part powder to 1 part water. So grab a scoop, around a cup will do. Scoop a cup of powder into the Quart can then a cup of water. Snap on the lid, shake for a few minutes, letting the mixing marble do the mixing. Pop the lids and your ready to paint, it’s that EASY!
- If too thick, add more water. If too thin add more powdered Real Milk Paint®. If excess foaming occurs, add a few drops of Anti-foam.
- Surface must be free of contamination, wax, grease, or oils. Clean with T.S.P. Sticks to other paints and finishes with the addition of Ultra Bond.
- When applying over other finishes, ALWAYS test for compatibility before full application
Covers: Sample covers 2 sq. ft. / Pint (16 oz) covers 35 sq. ft. / Quart (32 oz) covers 70 sq. ft. / Gallon covers 280 sq. ft.
Note: Real Milk Paint® will stick to oil base clear finishes and some painted surfaces but may cause a chippy , crackle or peel surface. If you want to get full adhesion then adding Ultra Bond is recommend.
Painting Tips & Tricks
- For a brushy old world look use these natural bristle brushes for application.
- For a smoother more uniform painted look use these Foam Brushes.
- As days and weeks go by, the non toxic paint will continue to become more resistant to moisture.
- After it has dried 3-4 hours you may top coat with varnish, oil finish, Pure Tung Oil, lacquer, or wax.
- Try in inconspicuous area first, the color may change.
- Wear proper safety equipment, goggles and rubber gloves.
Spraying Tips & Tricks
- To spray, milk paint must be mixed in a blender to a smooth consistency and then strained.
- A 2.0 orifice or higher for the spray gun is recommended.
CAUTION: Contains calcium hydroxide (lime) may burn eyes and skin. Flush and rinse with warm water immediately.
WHAT ITS MADE OF
We believe in being honest with what is in our products. So, thats why we provide the ingredients used in them so you can rest assured knowing exactly whats in the product you use. Its just another way we make it easier on you!
Milk Paint powder is made with
- Casein (milk protein)
- Calcium Lime
- Natural Pigment colors
- Plant based filler (edible)